12th INTERNATIONAL STAFF TRAINING WEEK in Nysa, 16-20.05.2022
"Crisis management – personal, institutional and global aspects”
From 16-20 May 2022, the University of Applied Sciences in Nysa organized the 12th International Staff Training Week for the academic and administration staff members. More than 40 staff members from 16 countries have participated in the event (including: Albania, Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, China, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Kosovo, Mexico, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Thailand, Turkey, Spain, UK, Ukraine and Poland), representing 24 universities and 19 nationalities.
The objective of the 12th ISTW was:
- to share information and best practices on the cooperation within the Erasmus + Programme
- to participate in the thematic sessions according to the current programme
- to encourage other partner institutions, Erasmus+ students at the UAS in Nysa and Polish students to study at partner universities represented at the ISTW
- to meet people from your area of expertise at the UAS in Nysa or partner institutions and to discuss the existing cooperation, share 'best practices' as well as to share upcoming events information among the participants
- to strengthen the cooperation between staff and students in terms of future projects and programmes
Program included the following Sessions:
- Session I – “Presentation of the universities” – 5 minutes introductory talk according to the guidelines.
- Session II – “Crisis management in personal life - from a psychologist's point of view” – Ewa Wilk, MA
- Session III – “Crisis management in cross-culture communication”- Anna Opałka, Msc., UAS in Nysa.
- Session IV – “Reflections and lessons learned after a COVD 19 sanitary crisis from the European Union Perspective” - Nuria G. Rabanal, University of León, Spain.
- Session V- “Crisis Management during Pandemic times at a Higher Education Institution” -Dr. Bertha Martínez – Cisneros, CETYS Universidad, Mexico.
- Session VI – “Crisis Management-global aspects” – Dr Iryna Kramar, Ternopil Ivan Puluj National Technical University, Ukraine.
All the sessions were followed by interesting discussions that gave a different approach and let participants to exchange their experiences and point of views. Based on the partners suggestions during the programme participants also took part in several Table talks discussions on the most current issues listed in their applications.
Participants realized their teaching programmes for students at UAS in Nysa for the Faculties: Management and Production Engineering, Architecture, Computer Science, Neophilology and Finance.
- Juljan Veleshnja (Polytechnic University of Tirana)- Urban regeneration - course introduction.
- Tetiana Bondarenko (Ukrainian Engineering Pedagogics Academy) - Gamification of education.
- Fetny Ratna Inparti (Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember) - Nusantra Architecture
- Mohamed Yahia (International University of Sarajevo), Renewable energy technologies, wind and biomas.
- Ahmed Obralic (International University of Sarajevo) - Development of Architectural thought of Bośnia and Herzegovina during the first half of the XX century.
- Jonila Prifti (Polytechnic University of Tirana) - Urban Metamorphosis of Tirana (1920-2020).
- Teuta Jashari-Kajtazi (University of Pristina) – Positioning of regionalism in architecture. Architects profession and the Society; Alejandro Aravena, Shigeru Ban.
- Hrvoje Ljubić (University of Mostar) - Introduction to machine learning in Python.
- Teuta Jashari-Kajtazi (University of Pristina) – Bio-regionalism - practices and theories.
- Rozafa Basha (University of Pristina) – Temporary public housing typologies and design strategies in the context of Kosovo.
- Rozafa Basha (University of Pristina) Design studio on the multi-family housing.
- Yuliia Fedorova (Ivan Franko National University of Lviv), Emotional Intelligence in Business.
- Ganna Kotsiurubenko (Odessa National Economic University), The financial sector and financial markets.
- Svetlana Danylina (Odessa National Economic University), Contemporary macroeconomic problems of the world economy.
- Warunee Kaewbunrunag, Thai culture
- RIDUL PRABIN Deka, Indian culture
- Bertha Martinez, Mexian culture
- Ignatius Reyner Giovanni, Indonesian culture
- Viktoriia Zubkova and Oksana Potsiluyko.
- Natalia Marynenko, (Ternopil Ivan Puluj National Technical University) Choice of organization strategy.
- Yuliia Naniak (Ivan Franko National University of Lviv), Theoretical aspects of Simultanious and Consecutive Interpreting.
- Vladmimir Vegar (University of Mostar), Public Relations.
Moreover, participants had also occasion to visit one of the primary schools in Nysa – Szkoła Podstawowa nr 1 im. Kawalerów Orderu Uśmiechu, where they learn about the educational system in Poland and get familiar with some of the facilities at the school and realized Programmes.
Besides the official meetings our University has provided a considerable number of additional activities:
- Guided tour through the University facilities and the town of Nysa,
- Nysa Fortress integration meeting (outdoor activity),
- Yoga session by dr Ewa Szura,
- Farewell dinner.
Finally, there was also an occasion to talk with representatives of all interested institutions about future cooperation development and plans for the next academic years. The meetings have been held according to separate programme with the Head of the International Cooperation Office and University Erasmus + Coordinator- Mrs. Anna Opalka, MSc.